Re: Vinga; Star Wars

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:28:41 -0800

Gary R Switzer

> From some of the illustrations in
> ToRM and other places it seems that some Orthanthi men spike their
> hair with lime. Do some Vingans do likewise, only in flaming red?

In Dragon Pass, Orlanthi men don't spike their hair, nor do they do so in Tarsh.

It is a Ralian custom (see
<http://www.pensee.com/dunham/ralios/ralios.html>, though they must use something other than lime). And in Ralios, Vingan women use warrior's spikes, rather than dying their hair. (This last my opinion, everything else from Greg, when he gave us guidelines for King of Dragon Pass.)

> Is the worship of Vinga found among all Orlanthi or it mainly a DP
> Orlanthi practice?

All Orlanthi.

Martin Crim asked

Nick Eden's Moon Wars <http://www.pheasnt.demon.co.uk/moon.htm>