Yinkin the Cat

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 18:09:17 -0000

Martin wrote:

> I was of the hunting alynx mindset, too, but was converted to the
> ain't-no-way camp by Nick Brooke, who pithily opined that dogs
> should be dogs and cats, cats.

Martin meant to say that he was of the *herding* alynx mindset, I feel sure. Cats and dogs are entertainingly different, as anyone who has lived with them knows; if you say that the Orlanthi choose to make cats act just like dogs, you do away with a beautiful seam of analogy. (And also, IMO, make the Orlanthi out to be Evil Bastards, by forcing their noble, independent, aloof cats to do the aptly named dog-work).

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick