KoDP, Equus Rectus and the amazingly unbelievable herding moggy

From: Ashley Munday <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:13:12 -0000

David "Hey Meester, you wanna buy a game?" Dunham asks of us to put aside petty differences and hastle game shops to stock his opus.

Funnily enough, I enquired after KoDP from the PFY (Pimply Faced Youth) in Esdevium games in Aldershot a couple of weeks back. "Sorry mate," came the reply, "We don't flog computer games...."

"So," I replied, gob agape at the pile of Hasbro CD-ROMS littered over the counter: "What's that lot?"

"They're adaptions of board games," He replied. I now realised I was in fact in a Salvador Dali painting and not in Aldershot. After waiting for clocks to melt I tentatively mentioned that I had it on good authority that they were the distributors of the game. One shocked suprised 'phone call later I was told they could get me one in a week at the price of a small nation's IMF debt ("Sorry Squire, the distribution company and the retail shop are different - they don't tell us anything").

After a quick perusal of the A-Sharp web site, it turned out it was actually cheaper to buy a couple of copies from A-Sharp rather than locally, straight from the horse's mouth.

Not the horses arse, although the horse being a creature of the sun has a mystically significant arse. The cheek to cheek distance of a horse's bum is actually 1/40,000 of the diameter of the sky dome. There's also the related question of how many Sun Dome Templars can dance on a horse's bum. Unfortunately when the Irripi Ontor apprentices of Glamour tried this experiment under controlled conditions all the Templars became sexually excited by the thought of anything's bum and we're last seen worrying sheep.

Which brings me neatly to the next point... Cats herding things. There was a herding contest at the Runegate law rock in 1615 but the first "One Voriof and his Alynx" tournament had to be abandoned. The leader by the end of day one was adjudged to be the owner of the only cat still awake, even though it was more interested in taking the bark of a tree than herding sheep. The local Yinkin Priestess had to be called in on day two to save a judge that had been idly twirling the sash of his robe while waiting for the next contestant.

Finally, Simon Hibbs reckoned I said this...

> "I maintain that being an initiate of Vinga has zero effect on fertility.
> However, many Vingans, if not the cult itself, do what they can to avoid
> pregnancy, seeing as how it makes it difficult to fight."

Which I didn't: It was someone else. I'm on the other side of the fence!

Cheers,

Ash