blue people

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:49:54 +0800 (WST)

> David Cake wrote of the Waertagi
>
> > I intend to use 'em in Pelanda
>
> Oh.

        I was referring to the greatuitous H.P. Lovecraft jokes, not the Waertagi.

> The Blue People are Waertagi. Makes much sense, I don't know why
> I never thought so.

        They are not, AFAIK. But its a difficult question - come to think of it, it does make a lot of sense. Waertagi could easily have come down the Janube, and it would explain why the Pelandan blues are both sorcerous and water linked. Hmmmmm......

> I think I may have misinterpreted an answer at a
> GloranthaCon, when Greg or Sandy said something about how many
> different types of blue people there were. But maybe this was in
> reference to the Veldang (whom the Pelandan blues definitely aren't).

        I thought the Pelandan blues were very close to Veldang in race, though culturally different - why are the Pelandan blues definately not Velang, I am sure I had heard someone say that they were.

	Cheers
		David