Blueness

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:32:00 EST

In a message dated 12/7/99 1:24:58PM, you write:

<< >Oh. The Blue People are Waertagi.

Peter Metcalfe:
 To be more correct, the Waertagi are among the Blue People.  The Blue People of Pelanda are certainly connected to  the Waertagi (as can be seen by their logicians) but the  other blue people (Zaranistangi etc) are not.    >>
The difference being, as far as I can tell, that Waertagi are air breathing, and live on the surface, and the DediVakaRu ('folk of the watery blue') live underwater, presumably breathing water. Other Pelandan blue people (DediOronin, Vakaruvians, Oredanarans, DediZoraRu, and Ara MaBaariSaro) are probably less amphibious. It seems to me that there should be degrees of Waertagi-ness, from a slight tint of Innsmouth to complete fishface.

Keith N