Misinterpreted

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:23:22 -0500 (EST)

> Ah, so the use of 'misinterpreted' was merely being condescending;
> I thought for a moment you meant some _actual_ misinterpretation on
> his part.

Not in the least bit condescending. I treat Glorantha as an "other" that is being speculationally reconstructed from fragmentary materials. It is not condescending for two scholars to disagree on the interpretation of the fragments. I'm happy to be the Gloranthan Schlemann...

> The verb 'to rubbish' in this context means to speak disparagingly

It's still so very formal and quaint. "Rubbish"--something a maiden aunt might say rather than the much more pithy "trash".

> I shall now proceed to ignore my own advice and moan about numerous
> things Greg and other people have done, of course. Oh well.

Good fellow. You're still a gamer.