Re: The Truth about Cats and Dogs

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:48:22 GMT

> From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
> Subject: The Truth about Cats and Dogs

To be Rule #1 Compliant, I'll make my agreement joint rather than several; I agree with all the manifold points therein, wholeheartedly.

I'd quibble only with 'b)'; I don't think herding with dogs is the cultural _norm_, but I do think it happens.

One way to get around the anti-dog bias is of course with the Old Sartar Sheepdog, so-called of course because of its bouffant hairdo, which makes it look positively ovine in its shagginess, and its notoriously placid, un-Bad-Dog-like temperament. Its adherents claim that it's sacred to Orlanth due to its affinity for His Sheep.

Needless to see, the neighbours of clans with same continue to look at 'em funny...

Cheers,
Alex.