Where Moose Dare to Tread, CA's Larder

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:16:30 -0800 (PST)

I wasn't going to go there, but Jane Williams got me to thinking...

>>"Scott Haney" suggests:
>> the other hand, what with the association with blood, perhaps a BG
>> menstruates all the time.

>Remind me not to join BG, then. Unless you're going to make some
>major magical changes to biology (and you could, of course), this is
>NOT a good idea. It also makes them infertile. Don't know if you
>wanted that or not, but it's an obvious side-effect.

Perhaps the BG's menstruation cycle is _reversed_ so she's only fertile a few days each month, er, season?

Gives a whole new meaning to the term Dark Earth too.

More on Food:

Earlier this year I recall someone suggesting that there was a strict limit on the number of Chalana Arroys a given area could support (therebye limiting the amount of healing magic available) based on the premise that the CA's were somehow incapable of feeding themselves. This seemed odd to me at the time and still does. How do you out there handle it? I would think that a common payment for serious healing (in settled rural areas at least) would be sacrificing for an extra point of Bless Crops and plowing the fields attached to the CA shrine or taking your prize bull over to the CA's to visit their cows. Or do people run their CA establishments as strictly vegan?

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies