Alynxes v Shadow Cats

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:29:38 EST

Alex:

<< TTrotsky:
> The breeds of alynx are descended from Yinkin's original four
kittens
> (I'm excluding the shadow cat here; don't know where that comes from -
later
> kittens, perhaps, or maybe just feral cross-breeds of the other four)

 Once again I must plead ignorance: isn't 'shadowcat' _synonynous_ with 'alynx'? If not, what the 'eck are they? By implication of your statement, not the same as an 'alusar', either.>>

      I'm sure I said this earlier, but: 'shadow cat' is the term for a wild alynx, not one of the four domesticated breeds. They are generally dark-furred with spots or stripes, whereas the alusar is dark all over (the hevren is tawny, and the gavren varies from brown to red). Or so says Greg's latest material on the subject; I wouldn't want to say for *certain* that it will appear unchanged in Anaxial's Record (aka the Critters Book) although I think that's quite likely.

Forward the glorious feline army!

     Trotsky