Waertagi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:57:53 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>>Instead the Waertagi must have miscenegated with the
>>Gnydron and this subspecies actually resembles the creature
>>from the Black Lagoon.

>Even offspring of gnydron or niiads with other merman species is bound
>to be air-breathing.

Incorrect for Gnydrons. They are descended from a storm god yet they all breathe water. The myth of their creation illustrates why:

	Janelosp changed shape to male and then cut and
	twisted her foe to be her mate and bear the
	first gnydron.
				ML p9.

Hence any union with a Gnydron is bound to end up with a waterbreather.

>I said Ludoch because Ludoch still are the most likely merfolk
>type to mingle with Waertagi. Physically closest, too.

Yet Ludoch do not live in the Neliomi Sea from whence the Waertagi came. I thus have great doubts about the Ludoch - Waertag connection (although other Malkioni do believe in the calumny) and see the Waertagi as having resulted from a logical exploration of the waters of the world.