Pan-heortling no-dog taboo. Again.

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_telia.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:27:25 +0100

Trotsky:
><< Despite the mythical link, however, Orlanthi have to keep dogs for
>herding.>>
>
> Here I disagree; the Heortlings regard dogs as unclean, and in fact,
>according to Greg, the primary use of the domesticated alynx is as a herding
>animal.

We went through this long ago. Short summary: Greg is wrong, as usual. Some heortling clans use alynxes and/or dogs for herding and/or hunting. Some don't. There's at least one clan in Far Point that finds the notion of domesticated alynxes the vilest of blasphemies ("You would keep Yinkin, Orlanth's sacred kin, as a slave? Feed this blasphemer to my hunting dogs!").

Soon you'll claim that no heortling clans keep goats.