You Always Hurt, the One You Love...

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:07:20 -0800 (PST)

Peter replies to Bob:

>>Since Fertility is the power rune opposing Death, it is extremely logical
>>that all Fertility cults should have some aversion to violence.

>Somebody had better tell the Red Goddess then.

Not to mention Yelm and Triolina, who's followers are hardly known for eschewing violence.

Don't our French cousins refer to orgasm as "the little death"? I'm sure Ulerian poetry is filled with references to "dying" in the Shakespearian sense.

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies

"When I am dying, lean over me tenderly, softly,

        Stoop, as the yellow roses droop in the wind from the South." "So I may, when I wake, if there be an Awakening,

        Keep, what lulled me to sleep, the touch of your lips on my mouth."