Re: Exploration HeroQuests

From: Philip R. Hammar <jackal_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:41:32 -0500

Nikk Effingham wrote:
> I think there are many Quests you could never enact. So you can’t have a
> Humakti who resurrects the dead, it’s integral to the existence of Humakt that
> this is not how he works.

    This is the second time that I have seen this example. It seems to me that this is exactly what Yanfal Tar'nilis (sp?) did when he fought Humakt and "cheated" to win the bought. Granted, this was so different that it started a whole new cult. On the other hand, this new cult has supplanted the old one, nearly replacing Humakt for the Lunars in the same social role, making it the same as the original (for the correct value of "same").

    So, my point is that any HeroQuest/myth creation is possible, though some things may be arbitrarily difficult (and require some sort of transcendence to reconcile the paradox implicit in the union of opposites).

            Phil