Don't go there, girlfriend.

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:09:53 -0500 (EST)

> Of course you move between levels. Level 3 is the goal, however; doesn't

Prove that "Level 3 is the goal." Go ahead, I challenge you to do so. You will, of course fail. Indeed, I BOAST of your failure and throw it in your face!

> Elitism: It's not elitist to have a poetry contest, Olympic games,
> election, or beer tasting. Some things are just better, in the opinion of
> people who have some knowledge of these things. The opinions of Michael
> Jackson (the British guy, not the Gloved One) on a beer carry more weight
> than an anonymous post on alt.beer. If you don't know me or what I've
> written or edited, then you may think I'm the guy on alt.beer. I'll
> compare Gloranthan resumes when I have the time to post; soon, I hope.

When backed to the wall while supporting an untenable position, retaliate with a non-sequitor. It's a cheap debating tactic, without merit. However, let us examine your record. Okay, so you've thrown up a few Glorantha products. So what? What is your publication record in the anthropology, sociology, or psychology of play? From what instituted did you obtain your PhD in those fields. The fact that you have a vested MONETARY interest in the propagation of as much Gloranthan detail as possible should render the position you have taken somewhat suspect in the mind of any discerning audience. You have claimed that there is but one goal in roleplaying in Glorantha. I would like to see evidence that THIS statement is true. A mere list of your resume at churning out Gloranthan desiderata is no proof. It only shows that such things are TO YOUR TASTE. I demand that you demonstrate that these things likewise mean that "the 3rd level" truly IS "the goal". You will, of course, fail.