Names and Games

From: Tim <Tim_at_edonaris.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:44:30 -0000

re - Digest 228, I have to applaud Nick Brooke's comments on the names issue....... frankly, revisionism would be one of the surest ways of killing Glorantha.... for me, even Hero Wars is going to have to be pretty darn tooting to get me to keep buying it, after the initial book.. since, to be honest, my budget is limited these days, and I buy these things as supplements for my own pleasure, since Role Playing is virtually dead in the UK, it seems (certainly is amongst the younger set..... the Games club at my local Uni is nearly extinct. kept alive by a group of 30 - somethings, and Magic players....) In my experience, most gamers don't really care if a town is called "fredsplace" or "Freydiscarlsvig".. except that the weird names get mispronounced, half forgotten etc.....

Enough ranting!

The Sword of Humakt is not a "usable" treasure, by the way.. it merely increases the numbers you kill if you select the "kill as many as you can" option on the combat screens. Anyway. am off to see what the Earthshakers do in combat! ;-))

Tim Minas

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #229