One Kind of Fun?

From: George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:25:28

At 09:46 AM 12/17/99 -0800, Brian Tickler wrote:

>I am a staunch believer of the MGF principal; your implied positions are
>totally contrary to same, as they promote a smug, "I am the pinacle of
>roleplaying prowess, and I can teach you how to be like me" attitude
>that sends most other players fleeing for the hills. Players do not
>play to perfect their roleplaying skills as defined by an obsessive GM, they
>play to have fun.

        Martin plays to have fun, too. It just happens that he has fun doing different things than you do. Your post seems to imply that if one doesn't have fun the way *you* have fun, then one is doing something wrong. A smug 'I am the purveyor of the One True Way to have fun, and I can teach you to be like me' attitude sends most players running as well. Not everyone thinks Malkioni Brownshirts and Mad Max references enhance their roleplaying fun; if you like the idea of a Stoogeopolis ruled by a triumvirate of Larry Curly and Moe, fine, but don't try to inflict it on everyone else.

George W. Harris                        gharris_at_mindspring.com