Ancestor worshippers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:43:40 +1300

GAZZA:
>But I also have an Ancestor Worshipper (is it still
>called Daka Fal?

Daka Fal is the name of a particular tradition of ancestor worship in Prax. I'm not too sure on the type of people that worship it for the Praxians normally worship their ancestors in addition to the Nomad Gods and so do the Orlanthi (but not in the form of the Ancestor Worship writeup).

>BTW, why does it say that Ancestor Worshippers
>can't be initiates in any other cult, and then in Troll Gods go
>on to say that Kyger Litor initiates are encouraged to become
>Ancestor Worshippers as well?)

I think the Ancestor Cult writeup denotes a specific type of animists, to wit those who do not have a big patron (such as Pamalt, Waha, Kyger Litor or any number of Hsunchen Gods) to protect them. The reason normally given is something like "the Gods have failed us" but the worshippers could have a weak patron (like the Baboons worship Grandfather Baboon) or a dead one.