Re: ancestor worship

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:31:36 -0800

Martin Crim wrote

> I checked GoG and it doesn't say
> ancestor worshipers can't join other cults, but I vaguely remember such a
> reference--where is it?

The base RQ3 rules make a pretty strict division between the three types of magic; since ancestor worshippers are often shamanists, perhaps this was the source. (Of course, the example of Glorantha shows that the separation isn't as rigid as the rules, though I do remember that one of the crimes of the God Learners was supposedly that they broke the RQ3 rules and use all three sorts of magic.)

The writeup of Daka Fal in River of Cradles says the initiate "may not become a sorcerer, or join any other cult."