Printing Things

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:15:42 -0800 (PST)

MOB says of my Great Map story:

>This is cool, but no doubt it's going to again provoke debate about whether
>anyone in Glorantha actually has printing technology or not...

My idea was that the copper plates would be used to brand vellum, having been heated either magically or mundanely. Fine details could be filled in by hand. Not a method for mass production but the Great Library might only need a copy on rare occasions. The Lunars got carried away, but they would. :)

Ink block printing might be used in the East and there might be a budding young Gutenberg out West. Leonardo has undoubtably constructed some sort of wacky device that prints menus or bingo cards.

>Hey Gary, I liked your explanation of the origins of Rabbit Hat Farm so
>much I'd like to put in on my Home Page! Is this okay?

I'd be honored. =)

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies