Pharaoh

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:13:56 +1300

Andrew Larsen:

>The question of [Pharoah's] usage in Glorantha was raised by the
>question about whether a game called Faro is played in Glorantha.

The Pharaoh has been called the Pharaoh long before the gloranthan derivation of his title was suggested. Hence making an objection to it now seems to be tad late perhaps.

>I simply pointed
>out that if we want to be that strict about RW translations to Glorantha,
>[...] Personally, I don't care, but some of the purists might.

If you don't care, then it might be wiser to let the concerned purists to put forth their own arguments to show the depth of their concern over it or even to demonstrate their existance.