God Learners

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:15:05 +1300

Simon Hibbs:

>I think the God Learners developed an over-arching metaphilosophy
>within which they placed earlier magical traditions. I think this
>metaphilosophy had great benefits, particularly for heroquesters,
>but I think it made clear to them the seperations between the magical
>traditions and the reasons for those differences. Bypassing those
>differences is apparently an illuminated power and I don't think the
>God Learners were able to do that.

There are several _mixed_ traditions according to the God Learner scheme of which the two most significant are the Kralori and the Orlanthi. While the Kralori (Mysticism/Animism) could be considered to be enlightened and thus support your proposal that bypassing the differences is an illuminated power, I do not think the same could be said about the Orlanthi (Theism/Animism).