Works in progress

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:32:10 +1300

David Fiorito:

>Of the four Issaries Works in Progress which would be the most useful for
>someone whose campaign is set in Sartar/Prax/The Holy Country and sometimes
>Balazar in the mid-1620s.

None of them.

>Alternatively could someone summarize what each of these is about?

>The Entekosiad

The Entekosiad is about the mythology of Pelanda, a land in the Northwest of the Lunar Empire, from the Green Age onwards. It has very little value for the area that you are concerned with.

>The Glorious Reascent of Yelm

The Glorious ReAscent is a first age document detailing Yelmic mythology in guise of a history of Emperors of Dara Happa. It may have some relevance in Pelorian attitudes to the Votanki but you are better off just downloading the free stuff on Balazar from glorantha.com.

>The Fortunate Succession

The Fortunate Succession continues the Imperial History right down to the Red Emperor and his current incarnations. It is marginally the most relevant of the lot but what it tells you about the regions of your interest that you can't learn from other sources is minimal. It is really Yelmic mythology part deux and only of worth if Dara Happans (as opposed to Lunars) play a big part in your campaign.

>Missing Lands

Missing Lands is the Oceans Pak and the Pamaltela Book rolled into one. Its focus is on the big wide world of the 1620s but only covers those places that have _not_ been detailed in the Genertela Book. Since your places of interest have, you're out of luck. Some good nautical information here but it's only of cursory interest from the landlubber tone of your campaign.

>Or would it be better to invest in the fanzines (I only have the Book of
>Drastic Resolution - Darkness and Prax)?

The recent Tradetalks #4 & #5 have much stuff about the Holy Country that would be useful. For the Orlanthi, Tales #18, Enclosure #1, King of Sartar and King of Dragon Pass would be most helpful. For the Praxians, you might want to get Tales #14 and #15.