Re: Things noticed *after* hitting the "send" button...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 01:57:28 GMT

Gary Switzer objects to Deceitful Donandari:
> Donandar is Orlanth's Bard, which would
> imply some degree of trust, wouldn't it?

The Chief trusts his Bard to recount his deeds with an appropriately... poetic slant, that sort of thing.

I'll grant you that 'Deceitful' isn't precisely right, but that's the hazards of fixed sets of trait pairs. One problem HW won't have, of course... Better would be Temperamental (or Communication) Abilities like Inventive, Dispense With Plodding Detail, Take Poetic License, Speak Metaphorically, etc.

Of course, there's always the 'bitchy two-faced thesp' stereotype, which I shall not dwell upon lest Micheal -- dear, dear Michael Cule, darling -- pounds me to small bits. Well, except to recall Niall Tobin on the matter, according to whom the Correct form of two-facedness is that your _previous_ production's fellow actors were a bunch of snotty youths, has-beens, sots, lechs -- etc, etc: I needs be brief here, I have a plane to catch in less time than it might take to complete such a list -- whereas one's _current_ board-treading comrades were a company not seen since one-doesn't- -when, an assemblage of actorial demi-divinitities of truly dazzling proportions (etc, ditto).

Anyway, that about wraps it up for me this Millennium (Well, it's the millennium of the year 1000, if nothing else. Modulo Pope Greg's tinkerings. You know what I mean.) I hope you all have an appropriately festive winter solstice cognate ritual of your choice, and the very best to all of you and yours for the new year.

Slán libh,
Alex.