Oh Mighty Orlanth!!

From: Hughes, John (NAT) <"Hughes,>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:53:24 +1100

Heys Folks

Gary Switzer:

> Donandar is Orlanth's Bard, which would
> imply some degree of trust, wouldn't it?

Trust yes, high moral character no.

This is *Orlanth* we're talking here, the original (well, son of original) impulsive, loud, boasting, lying, cowardly, thieving, kin-fighting, bullying, self-obsessed barbarian storm lord, who just happens to be Lord of All because

  1. he married into a good family, and
  2. he suffers from a very bad case of morning-after regret syndrome, which means he takes responsibility to unstuff everything he has verily wackered.

It's not something we mention much in public (keeping it in the clan so to speak), but Orlanth is like every clan chief and tribal king you've ever met. I wouldn't trust *their* skalds either. As the Tovtaros say, 'Breathe deep, but avoid the pig pens'.

Cheers

John

"Rune-questers these heroes, reckless in the cattle raid, generous in gifting, bloody in battle, eloquent in the moot, courageous in compassion, ferocious in worship, passionate in praise, resolute in heroquest, tender in courtship, humble in learning from their mistakes." 'A Rope of Cedarbark'.