Re:A Bottle of the finest Tokay

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_dynamite.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:01:26 +1000

Re: Tokay

Apart from an off-hand reference in KoS, is there any information about the "Mad Sultanate/Satrapy of Tokay"? It's described as being a very Chaotic place, filled with Madmen, Demons and Werewolves, whose borders have a disconcerting habit of being rather fluid.

The reason I ask is that I have a campaign situated there. The players - through no fault(?) of my own - have adopted the attitude that where they live is normal, safe and sane, and that it's everywhere else that's "Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know". Which I think is rather good, even though it was unintended by me.

Maybe it has something to do with the prevalence of Zorak Zorani and StormBullies in the Big Wide World: or that geography near the borders doesn't match their maps (except on alternate Windsdays).

As for Chaos - it's respected and feared, but not anathema. Heck, almost a majority of the population is technically tainted by chaos, but only a very few have 2 heads, tentacles etc. "Live and let live" is the norm, with retribution reserved for anyone (Cacodemon cultists mainly, but also Chaos-haters, over-enthused Vivamortists, Malia-ites, Theddists etc, and Fanatics of every stripe ) who rock the boat. It's not unusual to see Chalana Arroi shrines issuing certificates of cleanliness to Broos, registered Ghouls going in to their "special shops" for supplies much as registered drug addicts go in for a prescribed fix in many parts of Europe, etc.

Yes, it's run behind the scenes by the Illuminati, what else? Though the names "Nylasor" and "Gbaji" will just bring puzzled frowns, most people either don't know of their existence, or consider the names to be as remote and relevant to everyday life as Thomas Aquinas or Thomas Jefferson are to us.
- --

              http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
aebrain_at_dynamite.com.au     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile

abrain_at_cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo oo oo oo By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale ------------------------------