Re: Donandar/Drogarsi

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:52:21 -0800

> > > Donandar is Orlanth's Bard, which would
> > > imply some degree of trust, wouldn't it?
>
> Truly? I thought Dorgasi was..or at least Dorgasi is the Orlanth god of
> music. Perhaps Dorgasi is the deity of performers and battle pipers, while

You are both correct. According to the cult description on Issaries.com, Donandar is the rounger 1/2 brother of Drogarsi and rescued Drogarsi from chaos monsters. Drogarsi then gave Donandar access to his powers. In our campaign travelling skalds worship Donandar as he has the powers of folk music, courtly music, and battle music (sagas). Warrior-skalds worship Drogarsi as a herocult of Orlanth the WArrior and gain his magic to help their sagas.

> One last thing about Bards...Supposedly, the greatest bard, poet and
> balladeer of Orlanthi culture was old Windy himself. Specifically, Orlanth
> Adventurous (I'm not saying Warrior till it comes out in Hero Wars, call me
> a throwback. I like the way Adventurous sounds) I'd think that a Skald may
> be an Adventurous (or Orlanth the Poet?) Devotee/Initiate who would stand at
> the side of an Orlanth Rex Chieftain.

I agree, I think that Drogarsi is another name for Orlanth the Poet (like Vingkot is another name for Orlanth Victorious, Issaries is another name for Orlanth Goldentongue...etc etc etc)

wquadros_at_paralynx.com
www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley