Re: Words

From: Philip Hibbs <phibbs_at_snark.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 22:39:08 -0000

>Mind you, I got said 'familiar' when
>I meant 'allied spirit' in my last post,

The two terms *can* be considered interchangeable, IMO. For game purposes it is useful to keep to using AS for priests and familiar for sorcerors, bit I seem to recall the term Famililar being used in RQ2 supplements in reference to priests.

>Well, I don't know if Tadaaki is confused yet, but I know I am.
>We've had three different explanations of the distinction
>between a weaponthane and a housecarl ...

As these aren't terms that are important to game mechanics, there is no need to have rigorously defined meanings for them. I'm quite happy to believe that different clans/tribes will have different precise definitions of the various terms.

Phil.