Elder Gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:10:39 +1300

Ian Thomson:

>My line of questioning originated from wondering if some of the supposedly
>dead gods of the Celestial Court could still be worshipped by some relic
>elder societies somewhere

>I know some of them aren't dead (Uleria), and Ratslaff vanished himself,
>but what about the others?

Larnste's last know action was to create the Print in the Holy Country so I suspect that people can contact the lame god there. A lesser manifestation is also associated with the Travelling Stone on the border of Tarsh.

Orenoar is said to have been taken up into the Heavens to dwell with all-knowing Dayzatar. So her worship is likely to be non-existant on the ground.

Kargan Tor is AWOL since the destruction of the Spike. I think he became chaotic given the equation that "chaos is the death of the gods".

Harana Ilor's earliest manifestation (in Orlanthi myth) was in Duelfield upon Kordros Isle in Tarsh after Umath created the first harp from the breastbone of Howling Void there. I think the Tarshite Kings used to duel with their challengers there to bring harmony for the Kingdom.

Ratslaff can be worshipped through his boggles although one would have to be demented to consider such a thing. The nearest concentraion of Boggles is on the Plateau of Statues.

I'm not aware of any place specifically associated with Acos or Tylenea.