New Pelorian

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:29:01 +1300

Mikko Rintasaari:

>Personally I use ancient Greek as my model for Firespeech, and old Norse
>as a model for Stormspeech.

>I use Latin as a model for the tongue of the western Malkioni.

>As for New Pelorian I'd be very happy to hear suggestions.

If Firespeech is ancient greek, then New Pelorian would be best be seen as Proto Indo-European with a modernized vocabulary (but I don't mean to suggest that it's related to Malkioni or Orlanthi).

IMO New Pelorian is a Green Age Language that has been resurrected and updated. As such, speaking it tends to make one aware of the Oneness of the Green Age and other similarly trippy shit. It is however a starting point for Lunar consciousness, not an end, as the Goddess's path only starts with the Green Age.

>The Empire
>seems to have strong Persian influenses with an Indian style
>religion (not meaning the natives of North America)

You can also find Mesopotamian, Arabic, Inca/Moche and Selucid influences within the Empire.