Orlanthi and Dara Happan magics

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 00:56:02 +1300

Trotsky:

>>I wouldn't say the Orlanthi use magic just like the Dara Happans
>>but that the Dara Happans have a different roolz method at some
>>level that hasn't been detailed. The Orlanthi only appear to be
>>normal theists because they are the most detailed.

>Debatable - both cultures and their cults are dealt with in more or less
>equal detail in the HW rulebook.

The highest level of theistic dedication mentioned in those roolz (assuming they haven't been utterly changed since I looked at them last - always a big if) is _devotion_ which from Staffordian statements elsewhere is stated to be an Orlanthi practice and only being introduced into Peloria in the fifth wane and later (with the provisio that only enlightened deities should be so worshipped according to Enclosure #1 p58 sidebar). Cults like the Seven Mothers will operate this way while traditional Pelorian cults and more screwy lunar cults will have a different way IMO.