Fazzur Wideread

From: richc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:23:54 +0000

This is a propos of nothing in particular.

I've always thought of Fazzur as Wideread (rhymes with fried bread ie well educated) but it occurred to me today that he may be Wideread (rhymes with dried weed). This would be analogous the the pre-Norman king of England Ethelread the Unready whose epithet is supposed to be in fact unrede-y (ie ill-advised from the old-English rede or advisor).

Fazzur would thus become Fazzur-who-had-too-many-advisors.

Anyone have any comments on this. I've only ever come across the guy I passing in Tom Zunder's excellent Sun county campaign so I'm not too familiar with his biog.

Richard Crawley