Re: Fazzur Wideread

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:37:50 -0500

> I've always thought of Fazzur as Wideread (rhymes with fried bread ie well
educated)
> but it occurred to me today that he may be Wideread (rhymes with dried
weed).
> This would be analogous the the pre-Norman king of England Ethelread the
Unready
> whose epithet is supposed to be in fact unrede-y (ie ill-advised from the
old-English
> rede or advisor).
>
> Fazzur would thus become Fazzur-who-had-too-many-advisors.

Interesting, but not really likely. Temertain might warrant that appellation, but
Fazzur's problem was that he was not from the Yelmic nobility, not that he listened to too many people. In fact, the intro to his character (in RQ Companion)
implied that he might even be a bit headstrong, as he strongly protested withdrawing from Hendrikei when the Lunars pulled back after the Build Wall Battle.

PS: to Nick Brooke
> (That said, Lunar Rune magic is *demonstrably* more powerful than
> Orlanthi... :-)

Oh, go shovel snow, you Lunie-simp :-)