Re: KoDP

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 12:13:50 -0800

Gazza wrote

> - - The "Not Enough Worshippers" syndrome. For ages, I was unable
> to build even a shrine to Ernalda, despite having 6 "heroes"
> available that worshipped her, and one on the ring. Then,
> suddenly, I was able to build a full temple (though I STILL
> can't make it a great temple). As near as I can tell, it doesn't
> seem to matter how many people I have, or even whether I scrap
> a few other shrines first.

There is a limit on how many shrines and temples a clan can support - -- just in terms of having worshippers. Becoming a tribe allows more. It's possible that the messages about this no longer appear.

> - - The "No Cancel" syndrome. On MULTIPLE occasions in the "random
> events", including my meeting with some Horse Spawn who talked
> about the Feathered Horse Queen (which sounds like a pretty
> important event!), I've accidentally hit the button on the wrong
> option and then, because of no cancel, I've been unable to go
> back.

There's no Undo button in life, either...

> - - The "Split the Tribe" syndrome. This one is especially annoying.
> Every so often, the clan gets together to complain that their
> isn't enough food for everyone, and they need to split off for
> a new tribe.

The farmers may not be the most articulate (always talking about food), but the real problem is that Orlanthi clans simply can't govern themselves over a certain size.

> - - The "What's Next?" syndrome. As I said, I've done all the
> preparatory work (all the heroquests, formed a tribe, and I
> had the king for 38 years...) but I can't see what's needed
> to WIN the game. (Presumably the Feathered Horse Queen event
> was important, but surely it gets repeated EVENTUALLY?) It's
> gotten to the stage where I think I've seen the vast majority
> of the random events, and I'm just endlessly cycling through
> pretty much the same things.

I believe you sent e-mail with more details -- this may be a bug.

But if that was a different Australian, once the Feathered Horse Queen shows up, you are indeed on the road to winning. Opportunities will present themselves.

Bryan Maloney wrote

> One thing that irked me--my victory didn't save!
>
> I got up to the final Earth season, the whole wedding took place with all
> the other stuff, and none of that text saved into my saga. Is that
> intentional?

That's certainly news -- we explicitly put in a save option at the end of the game so you can save this if you want. Are you sure you saved after winning?

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.