A suggestion

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 15:58:03 -0500

All:
I have a small suggestion. It will require some prefatory remarks.

I plan to buy and play King of Dragon Pass. I like reading the posts people have made regarding KoDP. I have read most of these posts and will continue to do so, regardless. If my suggestion is accepted, I will be one of the first subscribers.

My suggestion is this: A separate mailing list for KoDP. I see the benefits as these:
1. Those of us who get the Digest digested can keep KoDP posts separate, which will aid those of us who organize and/or archive our email. 2. Those who are uninterested in KoDP can more easily avoid those posts. 3. Those who play KoDP but are uninterested in Glorantha as an RPG setting or for its literary value as a shared fantasy setting can avoid the Glorantha Digest.

The disadvantages I see as these:

1.  Initial work involved in setting up a separate list.
2.  Interested persons will have to subscribe.
3.  Some loss of cross-talk between KoDP and general Gloranthan or
roleplaying communities.

IMHO, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. Comments?