Bad Sandy? Pedantics on Parade

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:52:05 -0800

Peter laments:

>Taking a look over the proposed critter list in Anaxial's roster
>yields a few surprises. Among the names familiar and unfamilar
>is the following:

>>Dhole

>Oh Sandy....

Not that Sandy needs an excuse, but during the "Bad Dog" thread I mentioned that a "dhole" (Canis dukhunensis) is a type of wild dog found in SE Asia so maybe we're safe... Yeah, right. =)

Though I can't resist the temptation to change the scientific name to 'Canis duckhuntsis' and place the dholes in the Upland Marsh.

If we're going to debate calendars, can we at least debate Gloranthan ones? I'm up for taking another crack at the Sky Dome if anyone else is.

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies