Veneration/Worship, Lunars, Nochet Bishop

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:36:15 -0500 (EST)

> Well spotted. Orthodox Malkioni venerate rather than worship
> (theist sacrificial worship) their saints. The question of what henotheists

That's kind of what I had been thinking. Part of the difficulty in working this out is that virtually all "information" we have regarding Malkioni saints has been very mechanic-istic RuneQuestish stuff, which treats them as "just another magic spell source". "If you feed POW to it, you 'worship' it."

> - - I am from Italy so I wonder how much "Roman" the Lunar Empire is. What's
> your evaluation? 10%? 20%? 1%? Please do not refer to hollywood roman empire
> (no capital letters here), but to History: the late Romans were heavily
> influenced by greek, celtic, egyptian, Persian, Ebrew ways and eventually
> christianized. They were not a classical culture anymore.

I would say that the Lunar Empire is actually VERY Roman--specifically it's Rome after the Western (useless) part had receded into the background to be eclipsed by the Eastern (interesting, educated, wealthy, cosmopolitan, intelligent) part. The difference being that the Lunars successfully conquered their "Turks" (Carmanians) and now they're turning their attention toward civilizing their "Germans" (Orlanthi).

> Consequently the Bishopric is now in Communion with the See of
> Leplain, the bishop's a paid lackey of the Quinpolic League and
> they are busy trying to convert the Aeolians to their faith to

If the Nochet Bishopric is in Communion with the See of Leplain, there is no need for any conversion. To be in Communion with means to be OF THE SAME FAITH. Any differences are considered to be insignificant to the Faith.