Lunar Empire

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:52:29 GMT

I do not completely agree with mr MatCalfe (pardon the sp). I think that the Lunar Empire is little Roman, despite of the names for the military ranks. I also believe that Carmanians are not Turkish at all. They are rather Hungarian, in RW terms.
IMOHO, the LE has two aspects in common with the Roman One (western, early, Tiberian or Hadrian, one): its expansionistic urge and its tolerance of different cultures and religions.
I risk to be viewed as a dangerous Greg... erh... GodLearner, but I also think the following:
The Lunar Empire has many Indian (not native American) names: at least DaraHappa, Yara Aranis (even the image resembles Kali), Yuthuppa and others I don't remember now. Has it, I wonder, also Imperial India connections? I hope not to be heretic, but I add these: Loskalm = medieval England
Seshnela = medieval France
Wenelia = medieval Germany (after Martin Luther) Ralios = ?Italy? perhaps the Venetian Empire (see the Ralios soldier pic on Genertela)
What do you think about this?
ciao
Gian