Re: Decay

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:30:12 +1100 (EST)

> About the spontaneous generation of life, I ask you: how do you manage the
> rotting matter in Glorantha? You have no bacteria and no viruses. Do organic
> matter rots in the same way (dangerous to living beings, due to infection
> expositions) as in the RW?

Who says there's no bacteria? I distinctly remember reading about a goddess of micro-organisms in Trollpak. She's the mother of Swems, goddess of worms. (I don't keep Trollpak at work, mind you, so I could be wrong)

There's a whole family of darkness deities whose children handle all the rotting stuff. Gorakiki, Swems, the fungus goddess whose name eludes me suddenly, and so on.

Note that the rotting stuff per se is not dangerous, but it attracts disease spirits who hang around, and so swimming in an Uz septic tank isn't advisable.