Pent

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:55:12 +1300

TERRA INCOGNITA:
>sheng seleris: khan of gods, anger of justice?
>and his bursts

Sheng Seleris cannot be worshipped ever since he fell to earth in the far west. His Bursts are likewise all dead.

>zolathi: kralorelan mystic god?, god of sheng

Jolaty is the Pentan name of Sheng's God. Same person, but different spelling.

>regional god:
>earth goddess of oraya?(like paps?reverend mother?, eneny of honeel)

The main deities of the Pentans concern Sky and Horses. Earth worship plays a very little part in their cosmology. The enemy of HonEel AFAIK was a priestess of the Horse Goddess.

>genert: dead god

Genert had no influence in Pentan Cosmology. At best, he is the dead chief of the enemy Praxians.

>sun tribe(trditionalist):

There are modern Sun Tribes. Traditionals refer to those who only herd horses as they believe that cows are a violation of Hyalor's pact with hippoi.

>yamsur: first son of sun, killed by god war

I think Yamsur is associated with Praxian mythology as he helps Genert at the last doomed battle. The Pure Horse Tribe and the Zebra Tribe may have claimed descent from him so they could at least function in the local Praxian myths but I don't think the Pentans know who he is.

>golden bow: one of solar pantheon gods, hunter, bow

Golden Bow is Jardan, a son of Kargzant.

>lux?: king of light spirit

Lux is a God learner name. Something like Arraz or Zaytena would be more appropiate.

>orathorn evil sorcerors

The sorcerers of orathorn are not evil. Rather they are just different. I don't think they are Malkioni but rather they rule a land of the dead that is extremely close to the surface (it bubbled up during the Gods War and another such bubble reached the surface and formed the Hellcrack).

The single tower actually leads down into a vast voluminous cavern where the Orathorni live along the banks of the lost Seolinthur river. They are tended by the dead whom they keep as lovers and servants. These dead are pleased to serve the Orathorni for much worse hells await them if they refuse.

When Sheng Seleris ruled, he conquered Orathorn and ordered the construction of a massive Pleasure Dome stocked with the plunder of the Seleran Empire. This was intended to be a paradise for his worshippers until they would be reborn. Ever since his fall, the Pleasure Dome is still inhabited and the Orathorni have no control over what goes on inside it.