Scorpionmen

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:29:18 +1300

Andrew Larsen:

> 1) How much is known/has been published about the Queendom of Jab?
>I know that it was founded by Gagix Twobarb in the Footprint after she
>united 4 smaller queendoms. Is there anything else? It looks increasingly
>like my players are going to want to go there, so I'd better be prepared.

That's about all there is. The only other factoid that I know of is that the Lunars have some ability to make the Chaos in the pit vomit forth at will. Rather than actually having ambassadors there, I believe this is related to their celestiomanical magic as there is a scorpion constellation in the sky.

Of course the Lunars could still send Teelo Norri types every now and then to reduce the prevelance of behind-the-ear moisture in the general community.

>What would happen to the Allied Spirit if it's Rune level unwent the
>Bagogi Ritual of Rebirth (finally the Scorpianman connection)?

It leaves him as he dies during the ritual.

>If the Spirit was in the
>body of an animal and got eaten during the Rebirth, would it come out as a
>Scorpionman?

There are no allied spirits embodied in animals - there are only awakened animals with increased INT or POW.

> 3) (Okay, I said two, but I've thought of another) Does anybody
>out there have anything else on Scorpionmen, in the way of culture or
>scenarioes?

Drastic: Chaos includes some material on Scorpion men society.