Esrolian Queens

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:29:12 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>> Esrolia works because its queens are able to function harmoniously
>> under the domination of a single ruler, be he the Only Old One or
>> the Pharaoh. Bereft of such leadership (ie as is happening today),
>> its unity breaks down to become squabbling statelets.

>Still, these "statelets" each outsize the entire population of Sartar,

But smaller than Tarsh or Heortland.

>unless you think that each lesser queen will brew her own stew (which
>still would make the average queendom the size of Quiviniland, aka Old
>Sartar, in population).

There's far more than one queen per faction AFAIK. The factions are an alliance of queens, united by their common marriage to a Year King. I think Esrolian Queendoms are really tribes under another name which works out to roughly 260 queens in Esrolia (using the Sartarite example of 26 tribes per 180,000 people).