More lunar questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:10:55 +1300

Gian Gero:

>What can you tell me of General Jomes Wulf? After his Telmori campaign, I
>assumed he fell in disgrace due to Euglyptus' envy, but I do not really know
>where he is in about 1620.

I don't think he's in disgrace now, considering that he has been landed with the territory of the Telmori that he defeated and is still listed as one of Fazzur's henchmen circa 1621 (Genertela Book p40).

>Does Fazzur feel the same about Sor-eel and sent him to Pavis as
>Governor following the classical rule "promoveatur ut amoveatur"?

SorEel was governer of Pavis since 1610. Pavis only became Governer General in 1613. Current opinion is that Fazzur is leaving SorEel to rot in Pavis considering that he quarreled with SorEel about how to control Pavis and was disgraced for about three years.

>Who commanded the units which took Corflu?

Corflu was founded by Lunar soldiers AFAIK. Given the date was 1611, SorEel is probably the commander, although I doubt he bothered to show up in person.

>Who commanded the navy which occupied Karse?

Some naval officer. ToTRM in their Life of Moonson named him as Murad Iznik, IIRC.

>Why do the Lunars used sea forces when they could employ
>flying Moon Boats to surprise the defenders?

Heortland lies beyond the glowline and thus using them to surprise Heortland is extremely risky. Furthermore the Moonboats are extremely expensive and the Lunars have never used them on the battlefield.

>How many praxian Sable Riders
>fight as auxiliaries under the Lunar Commanders?

About one regiment (that's 500 men) according to Dragon Pass, I think.