Converting Brithini

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:25:05 +1300

Steve Lieb:

>When was the last time someone actually converted a Brithini? Or one
>converted for any reason - Arkat? I find it hard to believe that by
>the Third Age that there's any left that would even entertain the idea.
>I mean, these folks are so conservative they're practically fossilized.
>Probably the last charismatic (?) conversion en masse was Malkion.

Several waves of Brithini have been expelled from Brithos to Loskalm and Seshnela since time began and only the Closing has prevented anymore from appearing.

They were prime conversion material since they had just had their life turned upside down (imagine being a simple brithini peasant and being expelled to Sog City?) although when they did convert, they became fanatics.

God Forgot did become part of the God Learner conspiracy so that's probably a conversion of sorts (although I don't think they embraced Solace, Saints etc).

I believe that every Brithini state has problems with troublemakers (as a result of Time) and they make great efforts in keeping their land fossilized. I think Arolanit expels its troublemakers to Fornaor (where they only have inhumans to deal with) and God Forgot to the Machine City so that outsiders cannot use these dissidents to cause trouble.