apologize&acqueducts

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:12:02 GMT

I must apologize. Dear Nick Brooke and Keith N, you are right: I didn't explain myself. I quoted Lowlands and Switzerland only to stress that, if we want to find a RW counterpart for any Glorantha location or viceversa, we should not just stick to France, Germany and Italy, because medieval Europe was more complex that that. That's all. We can forget them, of course, as long as it's fun. One point to you, anyway. I also apologize because, speaking of Safelster and Handra, I had not at hand the books so I merely pointed what Italy was like, but I never adventured with RQ in Ralios, so my knowledge of that region is superficial.

About Peter Metcalfe and the acqueducts issue, I say that Italy had a lot of swamps because the Peninsula is very rich of water, rivers, lakes and any wet source. Maybe the ancient Romans thought they resolved the major problems with the acqueducts, but even without war destruction of them, until this, erh... the LAST century, Italy was plagued by many large marshes (and mosquitoes, too).

Ciao

Gian