Re: Deezola

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:13:36 +0900

 Some digests ago, Peter Metcalfe says:
The>>I get the impression from the Lunar Wane Chronicle that this
The>>Dance was being necessary for the establishment of the Lunar
The>>Empire instead of bonding the Goddess within the Cosmos.

IIRC, Dance of Return was danced when the Red Moon rose. That was the point when the Goddess sneak into the Compromise (the Web of the Aracne Solara, i.e. Time), wasn't it? It was known that the Red Emperor and High Initiates of Lunar cults danced the Dance, so I suppose survivors of Seven Mothers also did it. (Though I cannot point out when SMs were apothesised)

I agreed that Rise of Red Moon is necessary for establishment of the Empire.

The>>The Lunar Pantheon article in the Rough Guide to Glamour has her The>>worshipping the Weaver of the Skies instead. I don't think she

But IIRC she undertook the Terminal Debate, which is associated with Aracne Solara (FS says so). I think she worshiped the Weaver of the Skies, but it was the entity some others (ex. Cragspider) call Aracne Solara.

The>>was enlightened before the birth of the Goddess.  Rather she was
The>>bitter and frustrated at her failure and had resolved to use her
The>>knowledge for destructive ends in the conspiracy.

Among the Seven Mothers, Deezola is the most complex deity. Yanafal is the Warrior. Irripi is the Sage. Teelo is the scapegoat (and the Vessel of the Goddess). Deezola is the Healer, and also the Earth Magician, the Priestess of Aracne Solara, the Binder within, the Weaver, the Avenger, the Patron of the Arts, and the Queen. I agreed that Yanafal and Irripi had political motivation, but IMHO she must have some other stories which explain why she has so many titles ('Avenging Queen' story cannot explain it enough, IMHO)

The>>Dendara does not lead women and manifests atmospheric powers
The>>which Deezola does not.  Furthermore her dance is the dance
The>>of renewal.

Dendara's Dance of Return was danced when her return to the Sky World (Rise of Planet Dendara, at the Dawn). Rufelza's Dance of Return was re-enact of Dendara's, IMO.

The>>Lesilla according to Enclosure #1 is important in Darsen and
The>>Yuthuppa, not Rinliddi/Acos.  Basekora is a more likely Goddess
The>>for Deezola to worship.

But Torang was selected as "Mernita on the Surface World" in the last part of the conspiracy. IMO Rinliddian knew some Moon myth connected to the Blue Moon Plateau at c.1200.

Regards,

 Tadaaki Kakegawa AKA MALION
                       e-mail:   yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp
                       http://www.glorantha.to/~tome