Deezola

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:12:18 +1300

Tadaaki Kakegawa:

>IIRC, Dance of Return was danced when the Red Moon rose. That was the
>point when the Goddess sneak into the Compromise (the Web of the Aracne
>Solara, i.e. Time), wasn't it?

She had already been endorsed by the Compromise as a result of her victory at Castle Blue.

>(Though I cannot point out when SMs were apothesised)

Probably at the moments of their death IMO, i.e. Irripi would have been apotheosized after he was squashed to pulp by a Hammer from the Sky at the battle of the Four Arrows of Light.

I suspect that Deezola was one of the two mothers slain by Carmanian Knights at the First Battle of Chaos and this would mark her apotheosisation.

>But IIRC she undertook the Terminal Debate, which is associated with
>Aracne Solara (FS says so).

The Terminal Debate was instituted in the reign of Celestinus and was designed to select the best person to confront Arachne Solara.

>I agreed that Yanafal and Irripi had political motivation,

I disagree with Irripi having political motivation as he's more of a twisted scientist who was expelled because his researchs threatened the Cosmic Order/Space-time Continuum etc.

>but IMHO [Deezola] must have some other stories
>which explain why she has so many titles ('Avenging Queen' story cannot
>explain it enough, IMHO)

The Avenging Queen specifically refers to her motives in undertaking the Seven Mother's Conspiracy and is not intended to explain her entire life.

I do not believe that any of the seven mothers had a consistant policy that explains their actions before and after the birth of the Goddess. Rather they intended to summon the worst curse on the Empire that they could think of, and succeeded in unleashing a great blessing also. The Goddess changed each and every one of them in some way that they never thought possible.

Me>>Furthermore [Dendara's] dance is the dance of renewal.

>Dendara's Dance of Return was danced when her return to the Sky World
>(Rise of Planet Dendara, at the Dawn).

She actually rose several years before the Dawn according to the Perfect Sky and the Dance of Renewal was performed at this time IMO.

>But Torang was selected as "Mernita on the Surface World" in the last
>part of the conspiracy.

It was?

>IMO Rinliddian knew some Moon myth connected to the Blue Moon
>Plateau at c.1200.

The Blue Moon Plateau are a mythic foe of Rinliddi (although they are at peace now, thanks to the Goddess). The Rinliddi do have some native Moon myth as do all Pelorians.