Spontanious Creation Of Life......oh and HW 'conflict' system

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:51:08 -0000

Andrew E. Larsen

> Ernalda did it at least once
>(Babeester Gor), thus proving that the cult has the secrets of
>parthenogenesis.

In the Bab's creation myths I readup on when a player chose to iniate her character into that religion I noted several references to a shadowy unnamed father of Babs, one that was not willing and was tricked into the act.

Humakt of course although he used his servering abilitys to denounce the act and possibly the child (although IMG Humakt has a certain Softspot for Babs.....in her avenger of oath breakers role at least). But then in my game Bab's cultists are much more the 'defenders of wronged women' or 'woman who has finally turned' rather than the Genital collecting Monsters of others Games. Still Hugely 'Scary Pre-Menstrual Bitches on Wheels' mind (to quote the character who played her).

Diverging from my point and onto HW. Having downloaded a copy of the files and allmost killing my poor printer. Combat doesnt look all that lethal, Ok you can make it as discriptive as you want but the chances are that players dont die all that often. Do we think that this is likely to lead to less or more combat in games? It's allways been my experiance that the less graphic and deadly the combat system in a game the more it gets used. Of course HW really is a different ball game and it'll take me a whiles to get my impression of it straight. After all a H/W 'conflict' is no different if you use harsh language or a Dane Axe.

DomT