bits and pieces

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:52:27 +0800

>>But IIRC she undertook the Terminal Debate, which is associated with
>>Aracne Solara (FS says so).
>
>The Terminal Debate was instituted in the reign of Celestinus
>and was designed to select the best person to confront Arachne
>Solara.

        Yes, the Terminal Debate should not be confused with the Web Ritual. The Web Ritual is the actual ritual to contact Arachne Solar, and may well have been undertaken by Deezola. It is probably ancient. The Terminal Debate system, on the other hand, is a relatively recent Imperially mandated system to control access to the Web Ritual, whereby those who wish to undertake the Web ritual must debate each other (with the loser dying).

>>I agreed that Yanafal and Irripi had political motivation,
>
>I disagree with Irripi having political motivation as he's
>more of a twisted scientist who was expelled because his
>researchs threatened the Cosmic Order/Space-time Continuum
etc.

        I think a political role for Irripi is more appropriate. If anyone was conducting research that threatened the space time continuum, I'd nominate Krana Poor the Sage of Time. Healed of his madness by the goddess, now he keeps watch over same Time continuum he once threatened himself, alert for others who might do as he did.

And another thing
>Greg hasn't written much on Heortland as they are really
>Orlanthi and he has written alot about Orlanthi elsewhere
>(the Kitori have suffered similarly, I suppose, because
>they are a Troll-and- Orlanthi mixture).

        When I tried to write something about the Kitori (for Drastic Darkness) he told me that he had plans for the Kitori specifically, and was working on them himself. He may not have shown anybody, but he at least intends to do something about the Kitori, and the lack of info on them is deliberate Greg policy rather than mere lack of interest. Which unfortunately I only found out after I had spent considerable effort writing a history and description of the Kitori, of course.

	Cheers
		David