Re: The Last Word on Lunars

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:23:54 -0800

>I believe that the basic model (not the only one, but the fundamental one)
>in Greg's mind for the Lunar History and Religion is the Islam Empire of
>early middle-ages.

Just to add to the fun, I showed this post to Greg. His comment was that if everything he wrote was based on terrestrial events, then this would be pretty close. As it stands though, he doesn't. The basic premise for the Lunar empire is the Persian Empire (which is why the Islam model fits so well). However, there are many Roman, Byzantine, Basque, and other made up things as well influencing the Lunar model.

Cheers,

Eric Rowe

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #290