Re: Converting Brithini? (!)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:06:14 GMT

I seem to be back on the list now, after being brutally computer-handled off it, though insofaras I'm catching up, it's in a very ad hoc mode, so do please bear with me, all.

Steve Lieb:
> When was the last time someone actually converted a Brithini? Or one
> converted for any reason - Arkat? I find it hard to believe that by the
> Third Age that there's any left that would even entertain the idea. I mean,
> these folks are so conservative they're practically fossilized. Probably
> the last charismatic (?) conversion en masse was Malkion.

A cynic would say, the chances of converting a Brithini are directly proportional to how fast he's dying at the time. Hence Malkion's period is indeed notable in that regard, though more notable still in being the *first*. I'm sure there have been other such crises since, although less 'mass', as you say.

Cheers,
Alex.